THE MENTORING PROCESS:
- External as well as Internal mentors are being assigned to the Startups based on the project requirements.
- The updated CIMP Mentor list is being uploaded on the website, http://startup.bihar.gov.in/Mentors.aspx
- For all the projects registered before November 2019, mentors were assigned from the expert committee on Startups created in consultation with Department of Industries, Government of Bihar and headed by Director, CIMP.
- For all the projects registered after January 2020, Startup Incubation Centre (SIC) seeks pitch desk (business plan presentation) before assigning faculty mentors.
- Once SIC receives pitch desk, it gets circulated to all the internal faculty members via e-mail (with attached pitch desk). Projects are being assigned to all the faculty mentors on the first come, first serve basis. To make the process as transparent as possible, updated list is also being uploaded on the website under the section, Startup Portfolio.
- If no faculty shows any interest for any project, it will be assigned to suitable faculty expert after consultation.
- Startup units reserves the right to opt for/ change a mentor before commencement of mentorship process. A preferred mentor will only be assigned based on the availability of mentor and mutual consent.
- A project ceiling of 10 projects (ongoing) has been fixed per mentor to avoid unequal distribution of workload among faculty mentors. Any deviation from this will be considered only after approval of Director, CIMP.
- Faculty mentors will be responsible for submitting all the updates including quarterly/ annual submission of business progress/ financials. They will be serving as a single point of contact between Startup Incubation Center and Startup company.